Tuesday, 18 November 2014

It's okay for you to cry

I'm not really sure who this is for but I do believe there's somebody out there that needs to hear this right now.

Is it you that needs to hear these words?
It’s okay for you to cry
There’s no need for excuses
Or to tell the reason why
For there’s strength in your weakness
And there’s healing in your tears
Don’t be afraid to open up
And let go of your fears

It’s alright that it’s not alright
The days are long and hard
The nights are never ending
You’re always on your guard
But know my friend you’re not alone
I’m here to hold your hand
When you’re feeling weak and helpless
I’ll give you strength to stand

It’s okay that you’re not feeling brave
There’s courage here for two
When your heart is broken; you’re overwhelmed
I’m always here for you
This season that you’re in will pass
There are brighter days to come
But know for now how much you’re loved

You’re one amazing Mum!



6 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Need this sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lizz - that's kind of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely sentiment, which I need to hear. Thank you. My mother is nearing the end of her days on earth. She was wonderful with the ladies with whom I used to work, a number of whom had DS. I have such fond memories of such loving souls. This is a great site you have here. Thanks for the post :-) ~Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you Joyce and your mum. Thank you so much - lovely words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply wonderful post Paul. We all have those days and we are all grateful for friends like you to be there for us.

    ReplyDelete