Friday, 5 December 2014

Diagnosis

Thunder in the distance
And it’s rolling down the track
I got a one way ticket
I won’t be coming back

At least you’re here beside me
As I’m standing in the rain
So come with me and climb on board
My runaway train

Now we’re speeding up, better hold on tight, just can’t see a thing, is it day or night?
This is not the way it was supposed to be, I’ve read all the books, so how come this is me?

Lightning strikes all around us
We’ve not been here before
Don’t know where we’re going
I’m falling through the floor

All the plans I’d made are useless
There’s darkness in my pain
I need your love to help me
Stop this runaway train

Now we’re speeding up, better hold on tight, just can’t see a thing, is it day or night?
This is not the way it was supposed to be, I’ve read all the books, so how come this is me?
This is way too fast, I was not prepared, what’s the future hold, now I’m really scared
Now I’m nowhere near where I’m supposed to be, I’m not in control of my destiny

As I slide down my rainbow
I don’t see a pot of gold
This bouquet of broken promises
Is all I got to hold

Did you hear a distant crying?
There’s a baby over there
I think she’s calling out to me
She’s all alone and scared

My head is undecided
But my heart is overwhelmed
In the midst of my denial
I forget about myself

Through the storm I see tomorrow
I don’t need yesterday
Sunrise casts a shadow
Is this a brand new day

Now we’re slowing down down, it’s gonna be ok, still can’t see the light, but night’s becoming day
Who knows the way it’s supposed to be, I didn’t read the book of twenty one and three
This is not so bad, with you at my side, let’s enjoy the view, let’s enjoy the ride

This must be the way it was supposed to be, now I'm not afraid of twenty one and three




2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Did you write this now or before now?

    Also - my facebook scheduled for tomorrow morning (me - afternoon you) reveals a bit of this, too.
    Hmmm, it must be in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mardra. I wrote this now. Not necessarily all from my own personal experience but hopefully people can relate.

    ReplyDelete